Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Frustration Station

Frustration Station

This morning, my westbound MetroLink train was delayed by about 15 minutes. 10 minutes waiting at Grand station; and another few minutes waiting just east of Taylor Avenue. MetroLink is the middle leg of my three vehicle AM reverse commuter; so naturally I was about 15 minutes late getting to class.

And now I haven't gotten paid for a handful of hours I worked at WashU in the computer lab. Apparently, the grad school dean's office is sitting on these pay requests; I guess they think 8 hours/week is too much time for grad students to be working in addition to their TA duties. Uh-huh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Luckily, return to normalcy is just one week away!

Latest ridership figures for MetroLink are well over 40,000 a day. If an 8-mile addition to an existing 38-mile system ends up adding about 20,000 more riders, then this temporary frustration is going to yield some very popular trains.