Monday, February 27, 2006

SWBYP's

SWBYP's

I noticed the new AT&T white pages have arrived at various locations in downtown St. Louis.

How long, do you suppose, it will take for it to arrive at my house?'

Admittedly, it's dated March 2006, so I'd be just fine if I got the new one by the end of March.

Given that the sub-contractor appeared last week to still be hiring delivery drivers via the classifieds, it might just take that long.

Some would say the White Pages are outdated, since you can get much more info on the Internet. But when you're at home and don't have high-speed Internet access, it's much more convenient. After all, getting online via dial-up requires tying up the phone line, and taking 5 to 10 minutes total to look up a single name.

Sometimes, printed resources are actually more convenient.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure how long it will take you to get yours Joe, but mine just came today. I live in the city as well. 63109.

Anonymous said...

No book here yet -- City 63139.

Michael R. Allen said...

We don't have ours either up in 63107.

Matt Fernandez said...

We got ours in 63109 on Sunday afternoon from a guy driving his cab around.