Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Oh the Irony: STL Beacon Bash Same Night as Liquor License Town Hall

OK, so yesterday I posted about a town hall on the 20th ward liquor license moratorium planned for Tuesday, June 17th.

And now I've realized that the new online publication the Saint Louis Beacon, started several months back by a group of former Post-Dispatch journalists, is having a big kick-off event that same night at.... The Royale.

Of course, Steve Smith's The Royale is often cited by backers of a relaxed liquor license policy on Cherokee Street, as an example of the kind of establishment that might do well on Cherokee.

See the Beacon's Facebook page for more details.

Anyway, I just thought the timing was ironical (if that's even a word). ;-)

And I must note that my professor emeritus from UMSL, Lana Stein, recently penned a piece for the Beacon.

No comments: